What's involved in being a board member for a Council Controlled Organisation, and how to apply.
Applications to be a board director or trustee on a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) are open all year round, and are considered as vacancies arise.
Board directors and trustees are selected and appointed based on the skills and requirements needed for each particular board. The CCO boards generally meet on a monthly basis, or as required.
Key criteria for selection includes:
- senior executive (or similar) experience in governance
- knowledge of board director or trustee responsibilities
- an appreciation of CCO roles and their relationship with the Council
- a keen interest in the city
- the ability to take a wide perspective on issues and think critically
- common sense, integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- knowledge relevant to the specific board opportunity (eg finance, marketing or legal skills, or tourism sector experience).
Applicants must live in the Wellington region.
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter by post or email to:
Council Controlled Organisations
Wellington City Council
PO Box 2199
We welcome applications on a continual basis. We add applications to our candidate database and refer to it as vacancies arise.