The Council has a number of Facebook pages:
YouTube is a free video-sharing website that allows users to upload, share, and view videos. Wellington City Council uploads videos onto YouTube to promote Council information and services.
Flickr is a free image-hosting website that allows users to share photographs. Wellington City Council uses Flickr to display photographs of Wellington, which you can use for non-commercial purposes as long as you attribute them to Wellington City Council.
Wellington City Council reserves the right to remove contributions and followers on its social media pages that break the rules or guidelines of the relevant communities and our rules stated below.
Messages and images on the Council's social media pages must always be polite, appropriate and relevant.
Users of Wellington City Council social media pages must never:
- post messages or images that are unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- post photos or videos of people without their prior consent
- post protected content copied from elsewhere
- post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once ('spamming')
- publicise personal information or contact details
- advertise products or services
- impersonate someone else.