This service is available to all Vodafone and Spark mobile customers. Unfortunately, the service is not available for 2degrees mobile customers.
How to use
- Press the TXT-a-Park button on the parking machine.
- Using your Vodafone or Spark mobile, text the 1- or 2-hour code (shown on the display screen) to 7275.
- Wait for the machine to beep and press OK for your ticket, or Cancel to end.
- Then display the ticket on your dashboard.
There is a 50c transaction fee for using TXT-a-Park. This is the same for 1- or 2-hour parking and covers the cost of sent and received text messages.
For example, 1 hour of parking at $4 per hour would be charged to your mobile as $4.50. Two hours of parking at $4 per hour would be charged as $8.50.
- Payments can be made by mobile phone, credit card or cash
- Mobile transactions are automatically debited to the customer's mobile phone account, or from their prepay balance.
- Expense claim hassles are a thing of the past for people on business, who can now incorporate the parking charge onto their business mobile phone account.
If you have a Vodafone or Spark Prepay mobile, the parking cost is deducted from your credit.
If you have a Vodafone or Spark monthly account, the parking cost is charged to your next bill.
If you have a problem
If you cannot complete a transaction because of a network problem, the message 'TXT-a-Park unavailable - please use coins' will appear on the pay-and-display machine. The message on your mobile will read 'I'm sorry TXT-a-Park is currently unavailable. Please use coins instead.'
Help using TXT-a-Park
Vodafone mobile users
Call Vodafone customer service freephone on 777.
Spark mobile users
Call Spark customer service freephone on 123.
Contact the Contact Centre on 04 801 3040.