Snapper for parking
Snapper cards can now be used at some on-street parking meters in Wellington city - just look for the Snapper sign on the meter.
You can use your Snapper cards at on-street parking meters in Wellington covering more than 3,000 spaces citywide.
Central city parking fee area map (595KB PDF)
How to use
- Push the left arrow button to select Snapper as the payment type.
- Hold your Snapper to the reader. It will beep and your Snapper balance will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the period of time that you would like to park for by using the arrow buttons to the left and right of the screen. Press OK to proceed.
- Hold your Snapper to the reader to pay for your parking.
- Wait for the machine to beep and press OK for your ticket.
- There is no need to carry cash or coins.
- You can check your transaction history online and the payments will appear in your transaction history as "WCC Parking".
- You can check your Snapper balance at the parking meters.
There is a 25 cent fee applied to each Snapper parking transaction.