There is one funding round each year for the Wellington Amenities (WA) Fund. Applications for the 2015/16 financial year are now open. The deadline to submit an Expression of Interest is 12 noon on Friday 24 July 2015.
Expression of Interest guidelines
For information on how to apply, read our Guidelines for the Expression of Interest 2015/16 (135KB PDF)
The WA Fund has been set up to support eligible entities of regional significance with day-to-day operational expenses and new innovative projects that will achieve identified priorities for the region.
The fund is focused on arts, cultural and environmental attractions and events to support and add to the attractiveness and vitality of the Wellington region.
The fund will help to make sure that regionally significant entities can be developed or sustained in the Wellington region to add to the region’s quality of life; attractiveness to residents and visitors; and economy.
The fund is intended to allow funded entities to:
- focus more on their core business
- reduce the amount of time spent on securing funding across the region
- improve their ability to perform on a wider regional basis
- improve accessibility to their services
- make sure staffing requirements are met adequately for a fixed term.
Organisations seeking funding should meet the following regional priorities:
- show a need for financial assistance to keep its current operations or extend the reach of its operations across the Wellington region
- increase the entity’s long-term contribution to the economy of the Wellington region
- address gaps in, extend or develop:
- the arts, culture or environmental ecoystems
- the calendar of activities and events in the Wellington region.
- display regional partnerships with councils and other organisations to leverage mutual benefits
- build, maintain and retain organisations that add to Wellington’s status as an internationally competitive region
It is anticipated that most eligible organisations will be based in the Wellington region, but organisations from outside the region that can show how their project will bring significant benefit to the region, will be considered for funding.
Past Allocations (29KB PDF)
Katie Taylor-Duke, Wellington Amenities Fund Manager