This funding is a partnership between Wellington City Council and the Tawa Community Board.
Approximately $15,000 is available to allocate per year. Individual grants normally range from $300 to $2000.
The Tawa Community Grants Fund is designed to assist voluntary projects in Tawa. Grants may be for charitable, educational, welfare, community development, cultural, recreational, sporting, activity development, equipment or training programmes. Grants may also be given to people representing New Zealand in a recognised sporting or cultural event.
Read the information below, then register and apply online through our funding portal.
About the grant
Find out when this funding is open:
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be based in Tawa
- show their project will directly benefit the Tawa community
- not have excess reserve funds
Preference will be given to projects that help develop economically or socially disadvantaged groups.
- The applicant is based in Tawa and the project directly benefits residents in the Tawa Ward.
- The applicant group must not have excess reserve funds.
- The preference is for projects to be completed within 12 months.
- There is a preference for new or expanded activities.
- Grants will not be made for purposes that the Tawa Community Board considers to be subsidising subscriptions, rent or debt - except in exceptional circumstances.
- Grants may be made for charitable, educational, welfare, community development, cultural, recreational, sporting, activity development, equipment or training programmes.
- Preference will be given to grants that help develop economically or socially disadvantaged groups.
- Applications for individuals representing New Zealand in a recognised sporting, cultural or other approved event may be considered.
Your project will also need to meet the Social and Recreation Fund Criteria.