Artist's impression showing the future of Alex Moore Park.
The Alex Moore Park redevelopment has two main stages:
- a full-size artificial turf on the northernmost field
- a car park at the north end of Alex Moore Park
- a perimeter walkway and associated landscaping
- a community and sports facility building on the park to replace the existing clubrooms (Johnsonville Cricket Club and Olympic Harrier Club) and the (North Wellington Football Club and Johnsonville Softball Club) clubrooms on Phillip Street.
The existing clubroom buildings will be demolished.
- a car park at the south end of Alex Moore Park
Alex Moore Park Proposed Redevelopment Plan
Resource consent was granted for both stages of the project in September 2013. We expect the Stage 1 construction works to be completed by April 2014.
News - All-weather Field for Alex Moore Park - 14.01.14
The northern and middle fields of the park will be closed off during construction.
The Alex Moore Park Sport and Community Board (AMPSC) is leading the fundraising for the proposed new sport and community building. The Council has allocated funding of $1.9 million for the artificial sportsfield and new car parking in the 2013/14 year of the Long Term Plan.
There is also Plimmer Trust funding of $380,000 in 2013/14 to develop the community walkway and associated landscaping.
The AMPSC Board and Council have been working closely to make sure the community facilities proposed for Alex Moore Park will meet the needs of the Johnsonville and northern suburbs community.
Alex Moore Park Sport and Community Board
The Board formed in 2010 from motivated people that live in the Johnsonville community. It has been developing plans, designs and reviewing options for the park in close consultation with the people who live in this area and the Council. For objectives and details see:
Alex Moore Park Sport and Community Inc
Project Manager, Wellington City Council
Chairman, AMPSC Board