Artificial Sportsfield Surfaces
We're working to improve sporting facilities. We've created some artificial sportsfields and more are planned.
Artificial sportsfield at Wellington College
Following the completion of the Wellington Regional Sportsfield Strategy in 2013, the following future artificial sportsfields are now proposed:
- 2013/14 Alex Moore Park (under construction)
- 2015/16 Western Suburbs (site to be confirmed)
- 2018/19 Tawa / Grenada North (subject to review in 2017/18 to assess the impact of the two new Porirua artificial sportsfields and other sportsfield developments in the region)
Wellington Regional Sportsfield Strategy
Alex Moore Park Redevelopment
- Nairnville Park
- Te Whaea artificial sportsfield
- Wakefield Park
- Wellington College Sportsfield
Partnership sportsfield project
St Patrick's College sportsfield
A new all-weather sportsfield at St Patrick’s College in Kilbirnie opened on 6 June 2013.
News - New Sportsfield Opens at St Patrick's - 04.06.13
News - New Artificial Sportsfield for St Patrick's College - 17.02.12
The project was a partnership between the Council and St Patrick's College, with the Council paying 50 percent ($800,000) of the total cost.