ePetitions - Conditions of Use
To participate in the Wellington City Council ('the Council') ePetitions service, we require you to read and accept the following Conditions of Use.
In applying to establish an ePetition, you acknowledge that your ePetition meets the following conditions:
- the contact details you provide are correct and true
- the petition does not contain defamatory information or unfounded allegations
- the petition does not contain inaccurate or misleading statements
- the petition does not contain objectionable language
- the petition is not for self promotion, political or otherwise
- the petition is not founded on personal slander or attack
- the petition is within the jurisdiction of the Council
- the petition takes into account the legal processes that the Council must follow (eg the resource consent application and approval processes).
The Wellington City Council reserves the right to decline an ePetition and will publish the reason for its refusal on the website, unless the ePetition contains offensive information. The Council also reserves the right to amend these conditions of use at any time.
The Council does not accept any responsibility or liability for the ePetitions posted on the website or for any assertions or statements made therein.