The Council can give advice on how to run your event and manage street closures.
Get Council support for your event
The Council's Major Events team promotes, funds and supports major events in the city. Contact the Events Development Manager for information on:
- funding support for major events from the Events Development Fund
- marketing and promotion of major events
- logistical and venue support
- help with feasibility studies and event bids
- advice on event planning, management and risk management
- coordination and facilitation of events.
The Council's City Events team facilitates and supports Wellington City community events. The team also produces and delivers Council events such as:
Help for organisers of community events
If you're an organiser of a community programme, you can get advice and training from the Council's specialist staff.
Contact our Arts or Recreation advisors for more information on:
Community Arts Advisor
Community Recreation Advisor