The following roads will be closed:
- Arras Tunnel – from midnight until 10am
- the south-bound lane on Taranaki Street between Vivian Street and the Webb Street intersection – from 2am to 10am
- Tory Street, between Vivian Street and Pukeahu National War Memorial Park – from 2am to 12.30pm
- Haining Street, Frederick Street and Sages Lane – from 2am to 12.30pm
- Tasman Street, from Pukeahu National War Memorial Park to Rugby Street – from 2am to 12.30pm.
There will be no parking available on:
- Cambridge Terrace, from Buckle Street to Tennyson Street
- Rugby Street
- Sussex Street
- Tory Street
- Taranaki Street
- Cambridge Terrace
- Kent Terrace.
Dawn Service Parade
People who are in the parade should assemble in Tasman Street. People taking part in the parade who cannot walk to Rugby Street can be dropped off at the intersection of Rugby and Tasman streets. This can be accessed from the Basin Reserve or Tasman Street via John Street. No parking will be available in this area.
KiwiRail is providing an extra service to help people get to the Dawn Service. A shuttle will run from the Railway Station to Pukeahu National War Memorial Park. For train timetables, visit the Metlink website.
A special Anzac Day train service will leave Waikanae, Upper Hutt, and Johnsonville stations. For train timetables check the Metlink website.
Mobility parking and access
Mobility parking will be available in the Warehouse car park on Tory Street. From here, free shuttles will transport attendees to Pukeahu.
The north-bound lane of Taranaki Street and the Arthur Street slip lane can be used for dropping off and picking up people before and after the Dawn Service. People using this option will need to make their own way to the park.
As it is a public holiday, free parking will be available in all metered car parks. You can also park for free in the Civic, Michael Fowler Centre, and Chaffers Wellington City Council car parks.
The Wilson car park on Marion Street and Tournament car park on Lombard Lane will be open from 4am.
If you are planning to walk or cycle to the Dawn Service, please avoid Tasman Street as this is where the Parade will be forming. Bikes can be parked in Marion Square.